Monday, April 19, 2010

Concepts in HR


I have been inspired in the past week to rethink and rejuvenate. Whilst there is a wealth of Human Resources discussion on the net, I see little which focuses on simple, straight forward and practical ideas.

Last week I chaired a meeting of the heads of HR from counterpart agencies from across the States and Territories (of Australia). It was largely free flowing with a very loose agenda. Yet it was a very profound sharing of ideas and experience; and of pitfalls and successes.

I left the discussion energised.

If I look at the series of successful conference presentations I have given over the past few years (at least I hope they were successful) - I realise that the success is down to the context of stories I'm telling. Real stories of success and failure: of practical down-to-earth HR solutions to down-to-earth HR problems.

This blog series will focus on just that: simple tools - simple stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment